I-MPACT COVID-19 Update, FAQ, and Resources
Other Information and Resources Addressing COVID-19
SARS-CoV-2 is a virus that causes respiratory illness (COVID-19) with symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath) that range from mild to severe and may result in death. At this time, the CDC believes that the symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as two days and in as many as 14 days after exposure.
What You Can Do
Provide up-to-date information, encouraging patients to take appropriate prevention and preparedness measures, and encourage following recommended state and federal guidelines:
· Social distance/stay home.
· Emphasize/practice the importance of good hand hygiene in the clinical setting and at home.
In the clinical setting: https://www.cdc.gov/handhygiene/providers/guideline.html
· Encourage patients to call ahead if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms instead of going the doctors office or emergency department.
· Review and update emergency plans and procedures, particularly related to pandemic response.
· Register for the Michigan Health Alert Network.
· MDHHS Division of Emergency Preparedness and Response Contacts – Michigan Department of Health and Human Services' statewide hotline: 888-535-6136.
Federal and National Organization Resources
· UpToDate COVID-19 (requires subscription)
Superior Health Quality Alliance
The Superior Health Quality Alliance (Superior Health) is facilitating weekly, virtual sharing meetings to connect all settings in the continuum of care in the fight against COVID-19. All care settings are welcome.
For more information on upcoming meeting times and call-in information, contact Jennifer Yanke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
½ hour calls with participants from MN, WI, IL, MI
Example resources to share:
Recordings of these sessions will be available to share with colleagues unable to attend.
Michigan Hospital Association - MHA
Existing Members can follow the MHA Forum Digest containing discussion threads
To create and MHA account:
MHA COVID-19 Resources
Michigan Primary Care Association
MPCA COVID-19 Toolkit – for PCPs